(US) Delightful gumbal pooling

Planned pooling!
( voor nederlands klik HIER )




Oh my what an addiction! I started this blanket for my daughter and got great responses. So I thought I would write about this gorgeous project so you can create your own gumball blanket.

The yarn I am using is Ice gumball (33396), 100% premium acrylic, which has a salmon, khaki, creme and blue color sequence. I just loved the color! And it is soft!  I think I will call this blanket ice cream delight.. when I look at it I think of vanilla, raspberry and chocolate ice cream in a cone..yammm
I bought the yarn HERE! Worldwide shipping!


Planned pooling..there is a science to it. I can tell you how I made my blanket, but that doesn't mean that your blanket will be the same! Planned pooling is all about tension and hook size. So here are some tips to get started!

I centre pulled my skein, every new skein I add, I must centre pull it. Otherwise the colour sequence will be opposite of what you have crocheted before.

I started by chaining one full colour sequence. Then in the sixt chain from the hook, I made granny's with a loose tension. Crochet all the colours of one sequence. Then you can count the number of granny's you have per colour. If you aren't satisfied with the numbers you can try to crochet them with a bigger or larger hook. I customized mine to be 7 granny's for every colour. Yours could be 10! It doesn't have to be 7 granny's!
Now you know how many granny's per colour you will be making..it's time to start the math!

(Number of granny's x 3) + 6 chains.

I have 7granny's per colour x 10 colours in a sequence = (70 granny's x 3dc )= 210 + 6
216 is the minimum amount of chains I need to get started.

When you did the math ,you can frog your work. Start chaining until you reach your number. If the loop on your hook is a new colour then you can get started. If it isn't a new colour you'll have to crochet more chains till you get the new colour on your hook. Then in the 6th chain from the hook, make 3dc in one chain, skip 2 chains, 3dc in the 3rd chain, skip 2 and repeat till you completed one full colour sequence.

Here's how I made mine!

I used a 3.5 and 4.5 mm crochet hook. My project isn't finished yet. But one color sequence is 1.45 meter wide.

I started chaining with the 3.5mm hook. You'll need at least 216 chains for one color sequence! I made some more chains till a blue loop appeared on my hook.

In the 6th chain from the hook I made 3 double crochet, skip 2 chains, double crochet 3 in the next chain.
Repeat throughout the color sequence.
( 7 blue granny's, 7 creme granny's, 7 khaki granny's, 7 creme granny's, 7 darker pink granny's, 7 creme granny's, 7 salmon granny's, 7 creme granny's, 7 camel granny's and 7 creme granny's)

you'll need some higher tension or a smaller hook to get 8 granny's out of one color on turning rows

Chain 3 and crochet 3 creme double crochet in between the last two granny's of the first row. Then continue crocheting 7 blue granny's, 7 creme granny's etc.

You will be doing two rows of the same color sequence, then add a granny on the next row.

Row two and three look like this
(1 creme granny, 7 blue granny's, 7 creme granny's, 7 khaki granny's, 7 creme granny's, 7 darker pink granny's, 7 creme granny's, 7 salmon granny's, 7 creme granny's, 7 camel granny's and 6 creme granny's)

Row four and five look like this
(2 creme granny's, 7 blue granny's, 7 creme granny's, 7 khaki granny's, 7 creme granny's, 7 darker pink granny's, 7 creme granny's, 7 salmon granny's, 7 creme granny's, 7 camel granny's and 5 creme granny's)

Row six and seven look like this
(3 creme granny's, 7 blue granny's, 7 creme granny's, 7 khaki granny's, 7 creme granny's, 7 darker pink granny's, 7 creme granny's, 7 salmon granny's, 7 creme granny's, 7 camel granny's and 4 creme granny's)

Etc.




I hope this wil get you started! If you need any help, just leave a message and I'll try to help you out! As said before..I haven't finished mine yet! I attached skein nr 3 today. I will keep you posted!

Happy crocheting! XOXO

© 2017 CrochiqueNL, Marriëlle van der Gun. All rights reserved. This pattern is for personal use only. The pattern or parts of the patterns cannot be multiplied or republished in any way, or be altered or sold. The finished product of this pattern may be sold. For questions please contact : crochique.nl@gmail.com

Comments

  1. WOW! Thank you. I love it.
    Laura in Houston, TX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heeeel mooi. Heb mij er nog niet aan gewaagd. Vind het wel super leuk. Dank voor het delen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dank je! Ik zou me eraan wagen..het is erg leuk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you use this technique to make a scarf?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

(NL) Dazzling vest hele patroon voor verloopgaren

(US) Dazzling CAL 2 colors (whole) pattern

(NL) Dazzling vest hele patroon voor 5 kleuren